BAUER’s proprietary Public Safety Training classes are conducted by our in-house Diving Team Leader – Joe Darling. Joe has over 25 years of Dive Industry experience and has conducted training, education and service to 50+ federal, state and local public safety dive teams – as well as lead the training/education for 6,000+ divers.
Training Programs cover:
- Design concepts and materials used in all components.
- SCUBA service tools and test equipment.
- Bench procedures for cleaning and inspecting.
- Methods of equipment disassembly and reassembly.
- Creating and maintaining service records for the Public Safety Dive Team.
- Written and Practical Exam - Both must be passed before a class certificate is issued.
- Regulators: 1st/2nd/Octo
- Tanks and Valves
- FFM: Full Face Masks
- OTS Guardian/Interspiro AGA
- Dry Suits: Intake/Exhaust
- BCD: Dumps/Inflators
- Inflator/Octo/Shoulder dumps/Rear dumps
- Save A Dive Kit: Why/What/When
- Spare equipment/tools
- Troubleshooting in the field
- Norfolk, VA - BAUER Public Safety Division headquarters
- We can also come to you at your location
- Most “Equipment” classes last approximately 8 hours
- Minimum number of participants = 6 participants
- Please call for details on having an equipment class scheduled at your location
- Fees are paid directly to “BAUER COMPRESSORS, INC.”
- Sign up by calling BAUER Public Safety +1 (757) 739-7733